Wednesday, January 14, 2009

IEP Redux!

We received a phone call half an hour ago from Rosie's old school - it seems that since we're homeschooling through a county program ("technically" still public school) that the district requires an IEP every year. Wow. It was like my head exploded and flew around the room. My tension level just about hit the 36,000 foot mark, like a thermometer stretched up to clear the Himalayas. After spending the last half hour raging at everything that provides the remotest sense of tension or unpleasantness in my life, I think I've brought myself back down to a hover... oh, say about ten thousand feet maybe.

Gosh, it would be great to take a stack of cream pies to the IEP and pitch one into the face of every district clown that's going to show up.

No comments: