Thursday, January 31, 2008

Family Trip to Fry's

Oh, what a nerd family joy - I got a contract check in and we had a shopping spree at Fry's. Yes, the echoing noise and the crowd and the hard floor make us all crazy, but still! Geek heaven. (Then an hour or two of very necessary quiet retreat for all of us when we get home.)

We lingered in the robot kit aisle. Rosie has been negotiating for a long summer break from school starting in July, which I don't think is a great idea. I suggested that we spend the summer building a robot instead. Rapture! She was spinny with joy. It will take no convincing to get her to write or do math revolving around robots. She was nutty on the subject even before she saw Asimo in person at Epcot.

I talked myself out of getting a wireless signal detector since I just picked up a widescreen monitor, but now I'm sorry. Phooey.

No comments: